1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Poll: Ask a customer out or not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, May 17, 2008.

OK to ask a customer out or not?

1. It's fine to do so.

47 vote(s)
  2. No - it's too unprofessional.

28 vote(s)
  3. Only respond if the customer does the asking.

45 vote(s)
  1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering what all of you are thinking about asking out customers. I have done this a few times, sometimes it's resulted in a date, sometimes not. For the record, the current one "under consideration" (LOL) is a few years older than me, fairly good looking and dresses the part. She has been a customer for 14 years, and I often get the feeling she's hinting at it, from the very beginning when we chatted for 45 minutes after she asked for a quotation.
  2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think you would be asking for trouble! next thing you'll be maintaining her property for free.
  3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

There is no freebees!!!!!
  4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Definitely ask her out. Who knows, could lead to her paying for lawncare with an "alternate" form of payment!
  5. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

There is an old saying - I don't get my honey where I get my money.
  6. Go ahead... They say most people meet their significant other through work..

Well, in this business, "through work" means our customers...

Sure, you can say it's unprofessional..... But who cares if you find someone you dig?

And if it doesn't pan out, there's always another person wanting their lawn mowed....
  7. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL when is comes to a good looking woman, they always find ways to get you to do something for nothing! :nono:
  8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Get in is one thing, trying to get out afterwards is another thing. Might end up doing a lot of free lawns. "Sweedy, I need some mowing!!":laughing::laughing:

Then I'll see how cool is that!!!:cool2::cool2:

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

its taken you 14 years to ask her out ?????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused
    what is up with that? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
  10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

He's shy...