Poll: Do You Advertise in Phone Book

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Bizflow, Dec 18, 2009.

?

Do You Currently Advertise in the Yellow Pages

Poll closed Jan 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    73.2%
  1. Bizflow

Bizflow LawnSite Member

Do you currently advertise in the Yellow Pages

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Waste of money..

3. NorthTXlawnguy

NorthTXlawnguy LawnSite Member

No, I find door hangers and smaller local papers work best.

4. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

That's all I have used and works great for me in my area. Cost a lot but great step in branding tour company
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We use yp and have fairly good results.

6. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I do, and it is probably a waste of money. The only plus side I see, to keep doing it for a little while, is the branding side of it, and the fact that there are only four of us with actual ads in for snow removal. My ad has been paying for itself, but not much more. I cut it back a little for next year and will put the savings into door hangers and paying my help to go out and put them up.

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

If one does it and wants it to work, ya realy need someone to answer phones. Anyone using it will keep majing calls untill they get a live person. People using it tend to be price shoppers more too.

8. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

Not currently in the phone book, but going to get back in there for the next year, I have noticed a drop in sales about 18% since we pulled out im sure some is from the economy but im sure there are others that just dont know about us.

9. JawZZ

JawZZ LawnSite Member

No yellow pages for us, costs to much and we didn't get anywhere near the return to pay for it.

We find that is the same thing with Craigslist, they are just going down the list, first one to answer gets the job.

We now have someone answering the phone full time and it makes life so much easier.

10. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

We will next year. i already paid it was $385 for the year. Hope it pays off