1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Poll: Echo or Stihl Products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fatboy5803, Feb 20, 2003.

Poll: Echo or Stihl products

Poll closed Feb 27, 2003.
  1. Echo

48 vote(s)
  2. Stihl

61 vote(s)
  1. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

2. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

First Poll, finally figured it out...??

3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have used stihl for about 10 years . Bought a Red Max 7001 blower . no more Stihl blowers for me.
  4. G. Moose

G. Moose LawnSite Member

Have always used Echo. I have a tiny bit of experience with Stihl but since Echo has never let me down, I won't let them down. I have an Echo stick edger that I treat like s$%^ and it's 6 years old and still starts on 2 pulls, every time.
  5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Stihl br420 magnum bp blower and it's the BEST. I also have a Echo pb2100 and it's o.k. but, not as much power as my stihl. I also have had pretty good luck with my chainsaws (CS4400 & CS3450)They are overall good machines but, I would suggest a Stihl over anything I have used.
  6. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use both. I prefer Echo, but both are great.
  7. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

sthil saws everyting else echo!
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Have both, love both. Same difference. 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Between a rock and a hard place.
  9. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have both, I have had good luck with both. I think I have a little of everything that both of them make.Echo has the best blower by far.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

What have you had the opportunity to compair there? (models) I've been looking at Echo and Robin blowers. But I love my Stihl trimmer...