Poll: Green Industry Specific Web Host Company?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by BSDeality, Nov 3, 2005.

?

Would you patronize a green-industry specific web host company?

1. Yes, I'm curious about webhosting but do not know where to start

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes, I have a site already, but would transfer immediately to get better options/cust.service.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No, I already have a site hosted

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. No, I already have a site hosted, but would consider switching providers

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

This is more for people who don't have a website, but would like to get one. However it could easily be interpretted for those who already have a site and host.

2. BSDeality

no responses or comments or even votes? (besides one)

3. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

If you are trying to start a hosting company, I think you would have some success. You would have to make it as easy as possible for the customers though. IE they send you their name, address, and contact info, services they provide, mission statement, and pics of properties they do, and you would design the site for them. Alot of people are either dont want to take the time to learn how to design a site, or if they do, a lot dont look professional enough.

4. BSDeality

that is my plan, a lot of sites do not have the desired meta tags and proper links to relevant sites. In the last few weeks my site has been rising up in Google, msn, yahoo, aol searches. I have sold two jobs in the last week soley from my website "campaign" .

Suddenly $12/mo doesn't sound like a horrible business decision to sell $3,000 in two jobs.

I would offer a cookie cutter site for those looking to go that route. Also, Gopher has quite a few sites that would be virtually plug & play with a hosting company for those who want a few more options.

5. EliteImpressions

from Jersey

I dont know if its a legal issue, but I would check with gopher if youre going to be using some of their templates.

6. BSDeality

I'm not saying I would use their templates, however they offer them for free. Any one could download it, customize it, and upload it via ftp to any hosting company.

7. joe4

joe4 LawnSite Member

i would not want the lawn guy hosting my site. it is a full time job i hire a pro for.

people do not like to switch because it is a pain.

8. BSDeality

For the sake of conversation, what characteristics would you say you need a "pro" for? the actual hosting? or design work? I agree if you want a truely custom site, 100% original, you should use a professional; however if you want a nice page, with pictures, descriptions and a standardized theme then I believe there is something to be had.

9. EliteImpressions

from Jersey

I would use a professional in three cases

1) I had no idea where to even start

2) My competitors have nicer web pages than what I could make

3) I have a basic idea of what to do but I am way to busy.

the way for me to get more business is to have ready made templates for people to use, such as growpro.com. My prices are much cheaper, but I will not beable to sell as much as them if I dont make my buying process a "no brainer". In general, if a customer has to think about it, they will not buy.

If you want to trade links once you get started, I would be more than happy. Good luck with your project, its harder to bring in the business than you would expect.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am with you 100 percent... There are TOO many fly-by-night hosting companies out there, the hosting field is kinda like lawncare where every Joe and their brother has a hosting company for the main reason it looks EASY.
    Far as it being a pain, it's just like any other business, once you find someone you can deal with and you can trust, you stick with them, right? Right...

As for me, I never found a host who suits my style (imagine that), thou I must admit the bs stopped once I realized that when leasing a dedicated server, YOU are the system administrator. Perhaps this is what somewhat defines the ownership issue, but in the end NOBODY owns the Internet or any part of it.

SO IF (I should say when but I just don't know WHEN) I decide to build a lawnsite, I'll host it my own self :)

Far as promotion... No offense but I trust NOBODY with my site, that's my baby and you don't touch'er LOL!