Poll: How did you pay for you Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentsawyer, Nov 23, 2003.

?

How did you pay for your Z?

1. Pay(ed) in cash, wrote check for entire thing

48 vote(s)
    42.5%
  2. Financed it in some form for any amount

65 vote(s)
    57.5%
  1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Just looking through some posts where people said that they had 3 year-old Z's and it was nice not to have that monthly payment anymore and was wondering how many people take a loan of some sort to buy their Z's. Please, Don't vote if you don't have a Z

2. greensideup

greensideup LawnSite Member

I take the 6 months no interest/no payment every time. I dont care what the interest rate is. I just divide the total by 6 & pay that amount every month. I buy in march & pay for it by august. SCOTT

3. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

I financed a Tiger cub in the spring when I did not have that much money. I sent a check in for the full amount in sept. I finanaced it with no payments for 4 months. Then when It was time to start making payments I cut them a check. They did'nt make any money off of me!

4. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

If you went through Scag financing they made 2%, they just didn't tell you.

5. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Cash here.

6. zmowing

zmowing LawnSite Member
    from York,PA

cash only (Sheffield never again)

7. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Bought my last one with 6 months interest free charge card. Transferred it to another interest free for the next 6 months, then paid it off at the end of the first year. Why pay interest?

Sam

8. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I always write a check for my equipment. Can usually get an EXTRA 5% from the dealer since they don't have to monkey with credit card charges/wait for their money.

Mike

9. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) Ive paid cash for everypiece of equipment ive owned, My dealer gives me a really good deal by going that route......Marks Mowing Service ............... { 15yrs in Business }

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Cash or shorter term 'smart' debt as mentioned above. Just as a thought, Kubota was offering 0% for 36 months for a while there. That is smart debt, $10,800 out of the back pocket or 36 payments of $300. The payments help cash flow and holdings. But you must remember, a lot can happen over the course of 3 years.

Cash, 6 months SAC or 12 months SAC is much better.