Poll: How Old Are You?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBrother, Dec 11, 2006.

?

How old are you?

1. Under 18

21 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. 18-29

111 vote(s)
    33.4%
  3. 30-39

79 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. 40-49

74 vote(s)
    22.3%
  5. 50+

47 vote(s)
    14.2%
  1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I hope everyone who views this will vote, it only takes one click. It's an anonymous poll. Just curious as to the age range of people on this site, and who makes up the majority. Thanks! If you are under 18, come back when you can legally own a business! J/K:D , Just vote "under 18"
    We need everyones' vote to make this a realistic cross section of the LS population, and as to who's out there cuttin'!

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Where is the 50-60, then over 60 age slots? You stopped the decade increments too soon.

3. LawnBrother

from SW Ohio

Don't be offended old timer, there are only 5 choices for polls! I just figured anyone over the age of 50 is about ready to retire from the lawn biz anyway:cool2: . The last choice is 50+ (that's fifty PLUS) No offense intended, I think the age range is fine. I KNOW there are retirees out there mowing, they are in the 50+ category.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

No offense taken, just yanking the chain a bit. I didn't realize there are limited number of choices for polls.

However, being over 50 has nothing to do with retirement. Even over 65 has nothing to do with retirement. There are too many assumptions in those statements.

5. LawnBrother

from SW Ohio

I was sort of joking about the retirement thing, Roger. I just hope I can retire before then! I think that work keeps you young, though. I have seen it over and over. If you do something you love your whole life, and work hard at it, it will keep you young.....don't you agree?

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

16 years old here...

Matt K Work and Landscaping

7. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

16 here also.

John Murphy
    Clean Cut Lawn Landscape

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am hoping that is the case my goal is to be able to work until I am 70.

9. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Actual retirement is for people that didn't want to work in the first place. Those of use who like to work just relocate to something we like better. I retired from the navy after 26 years. I'll retire from Caterpiller in 2009, unless they buy me out before then. I currently mow 35 properties(59 acre school system included). When I leave Cat I will be a full time LCO for as long as I'm able. I'll be 63 in 3 weeks and I'm still working 70 to 90 hours a week during the mowing season. I expect to gross 106k this year.

10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well considering that 80% of the membership on this site is UNDER 18 kids that think they are older, I'm betting that the poll is going to be a bit skewed.

BTW, I'm 27, almost 28, and guess what, unlike so many of the kids on here, I still have a lot to learn. My hats off to the older and wiser fellas that stick around here and put up with everything and still offer advice and knowledge after all their years.