1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Poll of who has rops on their zero turn

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by marcuslawnguy, Aug 10, 2009.

Do you have ROPS on your machine

Poll closed Aug 20, 2009.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
  2. No

43 vote(s)
  1. Redcloud35

Redcloud35 LawnSite Member

I don't have a set for my tank, but I wish I did, there are some lawns in my area that I would feel more comfortable mowing if I had a set.:)
  2. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Our bob-cat did not come with a set.
  3. kh971

kh971 LawnSite Member
    from GA

My Snapper Pro 52" has a Kawi 25hp motor and it will do a wheelie no problem, hell yeah I kept mine on!!! Too much motor for the frame.
  4. tharrison57

tharrison57 LawnSite Member

The Z(illion) D(ivot) 331 came with it. Always run with it down due to branches, but it does make it VERY hard to drain the can while filling the tanks.
  5. SperaLandscaping

SperaLandscaping LawnSite Member

I have mine on but folded down. It works really great for pruning low branches on trees.
  6. havok1359

havok1359 LawnSite Member

I have mine on my machine still. It stays down most of the time b/c of low limbs. If I am servicing a property that has a steep incline its there waiting for me. At the same time, its where i located my after market lights so when I cut in early a.m. or late in evening hours I will have light. I wouldnt buy a mower that didnt have it included. Thats showing you which mower companies to run with.
  7. tharrison57

tharrison57 LawnSite Member

And I forgot ..... if anybody can tell me how to convert it to a weight rack for suitcase weights, I'd REALLY like to know ! :clapping:
  8. marcuslawnguy

marcuslawnguy LawnSite Member

I'm thinking about pulling my rops off. I wonder will I notice and improved gas with the rops removed?
  9. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

I cant imagine the ROP weighs more than 30-50LBS, and its not like it causing wind drag.I would leave it on.
  10. marcuslawnguy

marcuslawnguy LawnSite Member

do most of the badboys come with rops? Most of the ones I have seen don't have them along with cub cadet. Do you guys with those mowers ever come into any close calls and wish you had them. I hate how when the rops are folded down they rattle right behind my head. That gets very annoying.