Poll of who has rops on their zero turn

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by marcuslawnguy, Aug 10, 2009.

Do you have ROPS on your machine

Poll closed Aug 20, 2009.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
  2. No

43 vote(s)
  1. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I have them on my Deere but there always folded down. Unless I think I might need them.
  2. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

its only needed for mowing hills. but u should have rops on ur tractor.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I took mine off my turf tiger the day I got it. Just gets in the way and is not needed because an experienced operator knows their limits.
  4. Edzel

Edzel LawnSite Member

here we have nothing flat.. so..I use mine.... did roll over once and got close lot's of time.. i also have removable night light for fall working.. i am tinking at a wb for my next one..
  5. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

My first Z did not have them. The Scag I purchased this summer does. I feel conflicted about them. They make me feel safer when I put them up and strap in with my seat belt for any kind of slope mowing. However most of the mowing I do is on level ground and I found even with them down I have to be really careful. Im used to zipping around things like trees and such, but now I have to be very aware of the roll bars even folded down. I have come close a few times to catching them on branches and such but have caught myself at the last second. The kind of branches Im talking about are the kind that are not going to have any kind of give.
  6. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Added to the Rapid XZ. Seat belt is also handy when using the snowplow. Mow in the grove folded down, open areas up so it doesn't rattle.
  7. barlowlawncare

barlowlawncare LawnSite Member

off as other ppl said on here most properties have trees with low branches and i ride right into most trees, my arms and sometimes my face get abused for it but it saves a lot of time with a trimmer. Are older lazer didnt come with them and our new one didnt have them installed when we picked it up so we just never bothered to put them on. I am sure if we did it wouldnt be long before we removed them
  8. Clonts Landscaping

Clonts Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I put a 8 point chrome molly role cage and a fire suppression on my Bobcat. Just in case.
  9. Daniel's Lawn Care

Daniel's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't need ROPS on my stand on mower, because if it starts going over I can get off fast.
  10. Wade Landscaping

Wade Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Nope, got a Walker