1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Poll on insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grassyfras, Dec 5, 2005.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

When was the last time you made a claim on your busienss insurance? How much are you paying per year?
  2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

its not about that, its about being a responsible adult... protecting your assets, or your parents assets, from a lawsuit happy world
  3. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I pay a bit over $400.00 for 2 mil of liability which includes theft. I haven't made a claim in 5 years. That # is not including commercial vehicle coverage.
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry kid, but you will find very few if any PROFESSIONAL TRUE LCO owners hat will defend your teenage theory and "advice" that you gave in anoher thread that "a business license and commercial liability insurance is a waste and not needed"......:dizzy:
  5. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

$400 a year and well worth it for ....PEACE OF MIND
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My policy is $800 a year but that includes equipment theft coverage and a bunch of stuff I'll probably never use. I have never had a claim against it.
  7. grassyfras

Maybe I wont find anyone that beleives in not having insurance for a PART-TIME business, but at least I can see how many people have made claims in it. It would even change my mind if more than 5 percent of the people on here have made a claim more than 1000 dollars.
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Insurance isnt for $1000 claims. Its to protect you from a $10,000, $40,000, or $440,000 claim. They arent common, but its for peice of mind.
  9. grassyfras

or more............................................................
  10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I made a claim 2 weeks ago. Why?

Why does it matter to you what I pay? Rates are based on annual sales, location of business, number of employees, experience in business, etc. What I pay in my area with my annual sales and number of employees and years of experience in this field will not in any way relate to what you may pay. So what's the point of this question?