Poll: Types of door hanger advertising.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by A1Lawns, Mar 13, 2008.

?

What works best for you?

Poll closed May 2, 2008.
  1. Use a ready made cover stock door hanger.

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Place a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 post card in a plastic bag.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Fold a regular full page flier in a plastic bag.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Other...If so, please leave a post describing.

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

For those of you that do door hanger advertising, what is you method when doing this?

Do you...

2. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

Whoops. Sorry about the duplicate post.

Anyways. How do you pass these ads out? Yourself? Do you hire a few kids? Temp labor work? etc.

Any input here would be helpful as this is my first year passing out door hangers.

Thank you. :)

:walking:

3. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

I know alot of you use door hangers.

Your input would be most appreciated!

Again, how do you all disperse your door hangers???

4. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

I did the printed door hangers, and walked to each house myself. Cheapest way, if you have nothing better to do of course! GOOD LUCK!

5. NicksLawnCare

NicksLawnCare LawnSite Member

Yeah I walked them out myself too

6. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Other: I got 4000 4"x6" post cards from overnightprints.com one side fill color for $130.00 they don't say much, but it is quick and to the point. So far ....750 cards out 4 calls 3 sales.... over $6,000.00 in gross revenue for the year. I put my specialties only on the cards, mowing, weed control and fertilizer, lawn and landscape renovation. I have $650.00 in tree trimming for monday then the landscape renovation, $1,300.00. Wish me luck... first year on my own.

7. bamaone

bamaone LawnSite Member

Just put some out last week. I like to focus on neighborhoods where I already have accounts. Then I focus on neighborhoods where I want to be (the nicer places). My crew and I walk them out. We can hang quite a few in an hours time. We hung 250ish last week. 4 calls (3 general cleanups/mulch beds/prune/etc), 2 of those will also have us provide weekly maintenance services. The nicer you make them, the better. I ordered 2000 full color front/back for 450ish. Already have that covered plus time to hang with the first 250.

8. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

I just received my door hangers yesterday from Uprinting.com. I got 3000 full color front for $230. They look great! I cant wait to pass them out. It is rainy and in the 40's here and is supposed to be that way all next week. I am not sure when I will get to pass them out.