POLL: Would you buy a new trimmer if they rotated clockwise?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, May 25, 2008.

?

Would you buy a trimmer that offered CLOCKWISE rotation?

1. I'd buy a new trimmer RIGHT NOW if one came out from a good manufacturer that rotated CLOCKWISE

40 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. I'd consider it.

28 vote(s)
    24.8%
  3. I prefer my COUNTER-CLOCKWISE trimmers because I LOVE walking backwards or am left-handed.

22 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. It makes no difference to me.

23 vote(s)
    20.4%
  1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

POLL: Would you buy a new trimmer if they rotated clockwise?

I have a feeling there will be a lot of "yea" votes. Manufacturers, take notice, if that is the case!

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

being left handed. this would be a blessing, Thanks for thinking about that and posting.

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I would [srtaight shaft] and I know several that still run curved for that reason, so I know they would. I do not even care about brand as long as it is reasonably light. I know the Tanaka rep is on here some times so maybe they could give us thought.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

When I purchased my first strait shaft I hated it because of the rotation, now that I'm used to it, it would be hard to go back.

5. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i used to use nothing but clockwise trimmers,had to get used to a left turn trimmer because i could not find a commercial right hand any more.

6. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

Man I could've swore my stihl fs90 rotates clockwise. I don't have it here to check though.

I'm going back to curved shaft trimmers anyway, even though they are not commercial. Straight shafts are made for short people and I'm 6'5. Kills my back and I'm always bending at the back to keep it level. Got my hands on I believe it was the FS46 or 56. Perfect for my height...no bending, and naturally sits level to the ground. It's got a shady looking head on it though and I'm sure it probably won't last 1/3 as long. But I don't care if it saves my back.

7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

Somebody for got the NOOO option. i am so used to it i think going back would kill productivity. and if your tall look in to tanaka extended reach. i have cut my leg to many times with curved even with the guard on.

8. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

I'm confused? I'm right handed and wouldn't even consider a clockwise rotating shaft.

9. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

I am so used to it, and I kinda like walking backward sometime for some reason

10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I voted yes, I'll tell you why. I don't mind the counter clock-wise rotation except when trying to get into the corners on the left of fence posts, do ya'll know what I'm talking about? You get a little tuft of grass in those niches that I have to turn the trimmer upside down to get. If they made a good straight shaft trimmer with the opposite rotation, I would use it every other week.