1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Poll your walkbehind Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Oct 27, 2005.

1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, This is going to be another poll. I would like to know what brand you would recommend for the north east region(md)
    rate them on

Breaking 0 - 5 5 being the worst
    warrenty issues
    parts availability

anything else

As some of you know im considering running 2 52 inch walk behinds and a 36 inch belt drive for my residential crew. Im triing to deciede on what to use. Local mowers are Scag, Toro, Exmark, Wright, and Gravely.
  2. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

Our Exmark 48" hydro is our best cutting most reliable machine. And it is pretty quick when you put the sulky on and push it to 6.

O and it broke one belt early in the season because the tensioner was not adjusted properly.
  3. D & J Lawn Care

D & J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

not in your zone but Im in florida my 52 walk behind lesco hydro 20hp kolher rips and it's 5 years old
  4. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Exmark and Lesco. I know it's not on your list but Lesco has unbeatable value. Exmark I have found around here is easier to get parts for but neither break down frequently. I think the next one I buy will be a Lesco 54" floating deck, hydro. I have a 36" fixed deck lesco hydro that cuts and stripes just as good as my 52" TTHP. It's too bad Lesco won't do demos.
  5. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

My cousin runs lesco machines and from what he tells me they have amazing customer service and support.
  6. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies but can someone delete this, its a repost.... whoopes