Poll your walkbehind Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrewCutEnterprises, Oct 27, 2005.

?

Best Overall Walk Behind Mower

Poll closed Nov 11, 2005.
  1. eXmark Turf Tracer HP Hydro Walkbehind

35.1%
  2. eXmark Viking Hydro Walkbehind

8.8%
  3. eXmark Metro belt drive walk behind

14.0%
  4. Toro Hydro Walkbehind

12.3%
  5. Scag Hydro walkbehind

29.8%
  1. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, This is going to be another poll. I would like to know what brand you would recommend for the north east region(md)
    rate them on

Breaking 0 - 5 5 being the worst
    warrenty issues
    cut quality
    parts availability

anything else

As some of you know im considering running 2 52 inch walk behinds and a 36 inch belt drive for my residential crew. Im triing to deciede on what to use. Local mowers are Scag, Toro, Exmark, Wright, and Gravely.

2. CrewCutEnterprises

Also anyone with pics of their 52 inch walkbehinds and what size trailer would be great

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You forgot Lesco 54" Hydro walk with Z control, with its pricing, Lesco kicks eXmark butt anyday. BTW, I run 52" TTHP for almost 2 seasons now, great walk and everything but my next buy will be in Lesco camp.

4. CrewCutEnterprises

Thanks for the polls. Any pro;s to each. I wonder if a viking would be fine for me as we dont change the deck height very often, anyone own viking hydro's???

Who else also keeps mowers simple and the same for less things to break, Ie 2 2 52's and 36" ( same blades) I do like the exmark with no battery and no pto. any thoughts

5. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

6. CrewCutEnterprises

Thanks alot

7. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

go with the exmark! Forget the tthp and get a TT. I have a 52" TT with 1400 hrs on it now and it runs like a champ. The floating deck is an absolute must, if you think you don't need it your wrong, give it time and you will wish you got it. I highly recommend the TT. Also, I run this one mower and get everything I need on a 6 x 12 trailer.

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 52 tthp and a 60 tt they both are great machines . the tt is more heavy duty all aound . will you be cutting more res or com.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

How bout snapper walk in front. :p