Polo or tshirt for mowing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sticklelm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

Which shirt style do you prefer for mowing? Does it depend on the type of client whether it be high end commercial/residential or your not so high end customer? What do you guys like to wear in regards to polos or tshirts. I am about to get some things made before this season kicks off.

2. HDLLandscaping

HDLLandscaping LawnSite Member

I ordered both a polo (left chest embroided) and a t-shirt (front left and back with logo, number, etc). I figure that while I am working the T-Shirt will be the best, light weight and comfortable. The polo is more for profesional and will look good when going out to do estimates.

My full time summer job I wear a lighter polo doing property management for a ferry (landscaping, building, maintence, and garbage removal) its not the best, and the collar makes you sweat more from it rubbing against you.

I got my stuff off of Vistaprint.com. No complaints and good quality it seems.

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I did logo t shirts for years. Seem to only get one season out of them and they get heavy and stretched with sweat.

Bought some monogrammed Adidas wicking golf shirts last summer and they performed nice. Didn't stretch and were actually pretty comfortable.

So now I do summer polo and winter short and long sleeved t shirts.

4. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I wear polos everyday and the help wears tshirts. It doesn't really bother me.

5. bmoorefield

bmoorefield LawnSite Member

Under armor type material with logo, I will wash the same shirt every night in the summer if I had to. I know the up front cost is high but you will look good and feel cool on those hot humid days.

6. sticklelm

i think the wicking type material might keep me cooler in the summer...or atleast hold up better and not stink as bad as regular cotton shirts. C9 from target seems like a good brand. i like their stuff. reasonably priced too. my logo would have to be embroidered if i got this fabric material though i would think. here are a couple reviews on the tech shirt.

"I'm a active runner, and i run about 4 times a week. When i purchased this shirt i was impressed with its light weight and very durable yet breathable material. Especial during the summer when I tend to sweat a lot this shirt help control my sweat. Plus it also provides UV protection. This is awesome shirt i would highly recommend it to anyone!"

"I bought these to wear when I ride my bike. I live in Florida where the humidity in the summer approaches 90% everyday. My pocket Tees are too heavy, but these weigh nothing and the material breathes allowing moisture to escape. The only drawback is they must be washed without fabric softener. But you take them from the washer to coat hanger and they dry in less than 1 hour with no wrinkles. Recommend for anyone who's activities make them sweat."

tech tshirt, super cheap price
    http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-men-s-tech-tee/-/A-13286566?reco=Rec|pdp|13286566|ViewedPurchasedPercent|item_page.vertical_1&lnk=Rec|pdp|ViewedPurchasedPercent|item_page.vertical_1

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  7. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

tank top with logo:cool2:

8. bmoorefield

bmoorefield LawnSite Member

Tank tops are for the beach. I really don't think they look professional and I prefer to keep as much sun off of my body as possible. Long sleeve under armor is also good PPE.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sticklelm

should i avoid buying white or black? dont want grass stains and grime to show up but also dont want to get too hot wearing a dark color

10. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

wow really!.......trust me, looks professional with my logo on it. I just have a problem with these so called uniforms that make guys look like they should be golfing instead of doing construction hahahaahah...i even consider the much deserved tan you can get working outdoors too, but nevermind. These types that wear this junk probably go to tanning beds also:laugh: