Polo or tshirt for mowing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sticklelm, Feb 19, 2013.

1. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

Dressing comfortable while upholding a professional image and maintaining that apearance with quality work and customer satisfaction is how you suceed. If tank tops is accepted by the well paying clients in your area then by all means...go that route.

2. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

well said :clapping:

3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

youre going to sweat like crazy no matter what youre wearing. I do silk screened tshirts. Theyre cheap, and they last a year or 2.

4. bmoorefield

bmoorefield LawnSite Member

I wasn't calling you or your quality of work unprofessional, didn't mean for it to come across that way. Lucky for me I have a girl that likes my farmer tan. I'm not personally a big fan of polo shirts or the Dickie button down shirts either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. crichardson

crichardson LawnSite Member

polo shirts for estimates always and t shirts while working i think would be fine if cool then a polo would be a good idea.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

A shirt with a collar may help preventing your neck from getting sunburned, just a thought

7. OUTLANDER

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

sunscreen.:cool2:..everyday But i guess its the indian in my family because i dont burn, at least not very easy

8. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Cool max logo shirts in the big heat, cotton t's logo spring and fall with a logo sweatshirt. Usually quite dirty considering I change and maybe sharpen blades and grease everything up first thing. But they are all safety yellow(except the hoody, forest green) so the brightness over powers the dirt I think.....

9. CLS_Birmingham

CLS_Birmingham LawnSite Member

T-Shirts for work. Polo for Estimates. As far as T-Shirts are concerned, we've been screen printing them ourselves for the past 4 years and have had pretty good luck. Were getting a year or so out of each batch before they're getting too fade to wear on high end properties.

10. Immaculate Landscaping

Immaculate Landscaping LawnSite Member

:usflag:I just wanted to let everyone know that if your looking for tshirts or polos go to www.queensboro.com

They have a 10 year warranty. My shirts faded after about a year ( because i sweat like a Pig ). I called and mentioned it to the girl on the phone and she said send them back. No more Questions. Now I just need to find the time and will to get up and mail them. Plus they are Cheap and have a lot of Quality Material. I"m Hooked!!!!