Poly Plow Edges

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Yard, Feb 2, 2000.

1. Yard

Yard LawnSite Member

Is it true the poly edges scrape and wear better than steel? Are there any problems with cracking or anything else?<br>Where can I find one for a 8'Diamond? Any idea on the price? Is there a website to check them out? Thanks!

2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

. http://www.cue-inc.com/page5.htm<br>This is one maker of poly edges, however I use MTS out of NH and I am a distributor for them. I installed two before the season, and liked them so much that I have just installed two more on my other trucks. they do plow as well if not better than the steel edge and they last longer as well. <br>They backblade very well, clean right down to the pavement in one pass.<br>I have my ends 3&quot; past the plow on each side for curb protection. I have bent that end around 180 degrees and it just pops right back where it belongs.<br>It no longer jumps sky high on man hole covers , and no more scraping sound.<br>I would recommend a 1.5&quot; x 8'6&quot; x 8&quot; edge. It will run about 200$ but will last at least twice as long as a steel blade.. With a full trip blade I would recommend a double sided edge, but bottom trip plows are better off with a single edge blade.<br>Let me know if I can be of any help.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org<br>

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Double-edged and Single-edged?<p>Does this refer to where the holes are punched, center or top?

4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Actually you drill your own holes. You lay your old steel edge on top of the urethane edge, and use it as a template. It drills pretty easy, just dont try to cut it without a skill saw. We actually heated a skill saw blade up so much it warped the blade.<br>Anyway, if you have a full trip plow, we would order you a 10&quot; wide edge, and you can center drill it. Wear one side up to the steel edge and then flip it to wear the other side.<br>It wont work that way with a bottom trip plow. When the bottom trips the extra amount of edge hanging up over the moldboard will trap snow into the trip area, and cause the trip edge to get jammed up. So we only recommend a single edge for them.<br>We also after wearing up to the steel cutting edge, flip the steel edge upside down and gain even more life out of the urethane edge.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org