poly star pipe

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrigation man, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I also did the early buy 100 rolls of which we ran out of a long time ago and stopped using. My guys said the 1" pipe seemed to "snap" sometimes instead of a smooth cut all the way through and the 3/4" rolls were not consistant ID's.

Anyway we did two jobs that we ran a poly live leg and they both sprouted tiny pinhole leaks all over. I fixed it by putting in master valves but I was not happy. That never happend with oil creek and we will not use Poly Star again.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Do yourself a favor and don't use any non-nsf utility pipe under constant pressure, even Oil Creek. Spend a few bucks and use NSF material.

3. Rainman7

from NY

Just listened to a message from the same cust., they did not say what it was about. I bet I know:mad:

4. Rainman7

from NY

False alarm. They were wondering why after 4" of rain the system is not coming on:confused:

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:ENDOT NON-NSF:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: Man I feel for anyone that has problems with poly. I have been there, done that. I would not wish it on anyone. I actually had my biggest scare today on a possible defective pipe job, ended up being other issues. But it could have been my worst nightmare. So lets all make a list of Bad Poly experiences. ENDOT: check, Poly Star: Check

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I get about 5 of those every time it rains.Some from 10 year customers:hammerhead:

7. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

That's one of my favorite "warranty" calls.:hammerhead:

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

If its a 4 yr old system or older go sell em a service call and RS guts. They are not so quick to call back next time it rains.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

10. nicholsonstech

nicholsonstech LawnSite Member

Endot and polystar have both admitted to our company that there was a resin problem. Endot has compensated us but still battle with them on additional claims. Polystar insurance is supposedly taking care of the claims but we haven't seen a dime out of the 30 plus jobs that we did with their pipe

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009