Pond and pondless inspections

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by just pondering, Feb 28, 2012.

1. just pondering

just pondering LawnSite Member

How many of you offer a pond or pondless inspection service? do you have a check sheet if you do how many items are on the list, has it been a successful service and how much do you charge? I'm thinking about doing this but want to know if it is worth it.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Pondering Waters,MI

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really sure what you mean by inspection. I have never had a request for an inspection where there was not already an existing problem. My service contracts, of course, are basically periodic inspections that include corrective action where needed.
    An inspection of any water feature should be complete and comprehensive. It should include a complete water test if the water feature is life-supporting.

3. just pondering

just pondering LawnSite Member

For Example if a customer calls and just moved into a house and wants to make sure the pond is in good shape we would come and go through the system to make sure there's no problems. Another one is lets say the pond is older than 10 years old and they just wants someone to go over it to make sure it's ok.Basically I'm just looking to see what other services I can offer to make more income.

Thanks
    Jeff

4. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

If you advertize that you install, service and maintain ponds/water features I would think that you have pretty well covered all of the bases.