Pond Cleaning

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Premo Services, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer who has a small pond in their yard and it needs cleaning bad. Is there something to clean them with to remove all the alge and green muck?

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

drain it, pressure wash it, pump out the crap, re pressure wash it and pump it over and over again until its all out. Then re-fill with water. Algae becomes a problem when water quality isn't managed. meaning too many fish and not enough plants, too much sun, etc. You need to correct the problem or it will happen again. It can be managed with chemicals, but that can be bothersome and expensive in the long run.

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a few plants, no fish
    I think it was too much sun
    What would I need to do
    Would a bigger filter do some good

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

What size is it and what kind of filter does it have. A clean out can do wonders. Do some more research to help figure out what this pond needs.

5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a filter/ultra violet sterilizer combo filter I'll sell you for $200 plus shipping. It's never been used and sells for $400. The ultra violet sterilizer in it would kill any floating algae (as long as your pond isn't too big) and the filtration side of it would help maintain your water quality. Here is a link that shows the filter I have for sale and it also gives a description of it.

http://www.fantasticaquatic.com/product_info.php?cPath=108_111_112_113_220&products_id=669