Pond Construction Dillema

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Lynden-Jeff, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,

We are in the middle of building a pond for a customer and we have run in to an unfortunate accident. After partially completing the waterfall the customer wanted to see how it looked. Without having the spillway completely sealed I said it would be fine to run it for no more then a minute to show your wife or whatever. Anyway after we leave he runs it for 6-7 hours and some water leaked behind the spillway and under the liner. This caused the rear shelf with 3 levels of pavers to collapse spilling in to the pond. The shelf at the back is about 50% washed away. How can we go about rebuilding this shelf? I was thinking about using 1/4" flexible plywood to conform the shape of the pond and fill in behind with a quick setting concrete. Would this work? I can supply pictures if nessesary.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Supply pictures please, I feel for you on this one, what an idiot. I hope he knows he's paying for the repairs.............He is paying right?????

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,

Forgot my phone at a friends but as soon as I get it I will upload the pics. Oh yes hes paying, I may not charge him my full rate but he is sure paying something!

Cheers
    Jeff

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Why not full rate? It was his screw up, not yours.

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Agreed, he pays full boat......unless he is considering a contract you already gave him for a really sweet job that you don't want to lose. You should not be liable for his stupidity.

6. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

WOW sounds like fun