pond education

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by pic, Jan 12, 2007.

1. pic

pic LawnSite Member

I was wondering if there are any classes or reading material to educate myself in the pond construction business I live in ct and was wondering if anyone could help me out do you need any certain license for the installation of ponds thanks for your time

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

pic,

you don't need any licenses or anything of that nature. You also don't need any permits to install them as a general rule. Each town could be different, but I've yet to run into one. The only reason you would need a permit is if the pond is more than 24" deep. then it can be considered a pool and you also need a fence around it technically.

Coopers in Danbury, CT offers build-a-pond classes in the spring, They should be setting up the spring calendar soon.

3. pic

pic LawnSite Member

thanks for the info do they have a website I can view and Is there any good reading material you would suggest to read thanks for your time

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I recommend the Pond Builders Bible. it walks you through every step and helps with calculations. Definitely work the coin. other than that you can check out various threads in this forum.

Coopers website doesn't have much on it, just basic contact and products they offer.

5. the rainman

the rainman LawnSite Member

I know if you go to aquascape.com you can find class locations, and pond supplies.

6. dallas05

dallas05 LawnSite Member

pond builders bible and also the how to dvd's especially the stream const one. all these are on the aquascapes site