1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

pond pictures

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Doh!, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Doh!

Doh! LawnSite Member

I've gotten a lot of info and ideas from this forum, especially from looking at other's designs. So I thought I'd post one we did a few years ago to enhance the database of design ideas here. This is a bottom drain pond, 4 ft at the deepest point. I don't post often and have never posted a pic, so I'll try again if this doesn't work.

pond pic 1_edited (3).jpg

2. Doh!

Doh! LawnSite Member

yes that is a milk crate in the pond, and no I didn't put it there

pond pic 4_edited.jpg

3. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Looks Great I love the choice of stone you used. Is it an ADI pond?

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking really good there! Great job! I'll bet that was a lot of work.

Vic

5. Doh!

Doh! LawnSite Member

don't know what an ADI pond is. waterfall is very heavy limestone, we used a tractor backhoe to set into place. other stones are basic creekstone and river slicks. It was lots of work for a first pond, but a great learning experience. Only a few things have made me as nervous as cutting a hole in the liner for a bottom drain.

6. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great it does not look out of place. Sweet choice of rocks.

7. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Heres one we installed this year with a patio. It is an ADI.

dsc00521.jpg

8. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

That is a very nice water garden How many Man hours?

9. Doh!

Doh! LawnSite Member

sweet! I like the way the edge of the pond is done, and I really think it has a natural look that fits the surroundings. Pictures like that are the reason I posted in the first place, they really can give some creative ideas for others to aspire to.

10. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Thanks for the compliments. We had a lot less man hrs than you would think. The work was in cutting the soldier course around the whole patio project. Outcropping stones, I think we had 6 hrs on the bid and used 3 hrs setting them so you can sit on them beside the stream.

dsc00522.jpg