Pond project starting today.

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Lite4, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Setting the waterfall stones for the bog filter. A look at the piping for the bog filter.

pond0001_7.JPG

pond0001_8.JPG

pond0001_9.JPG

2. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice Tim. That pretty much answers my question about how large a boulder you can lift with a Cat that size! Do you always put sand over your underlayment? That upflow bog filter is exactly like the one I am using at my project. The large fountain boulders look great. They look like they were one great big boulder that split and weathered.

I bet you guys will start "rocking" like crazy now.

3. Lite4

Yep, we will be rockin and rollin in the morning. I will post more progress pics tomorrow night. We normally don't put sand under the liner, but in this case when we fractures out the lava there was a seam at about 5' down that the top layer broke away from. It is all sharp rock down there and too deep. So about a foot of sand was in order to protect from the fractured rock below. We also fabriced the sides of the shelves to protect the liner.

4. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

looking good.. cant wait to see more pics..

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Looks cool..can't wait to see more pic's..:)

6. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

very cool thanks for the detailed pics !!!! look forward to seeing the rest

7. FIREPOWER

FIREPOWER LawnSite Member
    from SW Ont

Nice work! I am not a pond guy, but just curious what the budget was for that install.

8. Lite4

Firepower, check your PM.

9. M&N Maintenance

M&N Maintenance LawnSite Member

I just wanted to say that it looks awesome so far and to thanks you for posting the pics. Art

10. FNCPonds

FNCPonds LawnSite Member

That is going to be a cool pond. Do you have a website on water features. Cant wait to see the final pics