1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

pond refill

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Lance Takara, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Lance Takara

Lance Takara LawnSite Member

Is there a pond refill (or remake) valve to top up the water level automatically?

I've seen one that works like (and looks like) a toilet bowl float. Is there a more compact valve around that can be hidden better in a small pond?

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

aquascapes sells one for around 20 bucks that is about a foot long float and works pretty well, but hard to hide without a skimmer. pondsweep makes one smaller, about 8.5 inches, but be careful, dont try to bend or adjust, they break easily and are around 40 bucks. you could rig up a toilet valve, but hard to adjust. sharper image sells an electronic one that is made for pools that sits on the side. I have not tried it, but it appears to be an elegant solution for around 100 bucks. Good luck. Dave g

3. Comet

Comet LawnSite Member

Yes I believe its hidden in the skimmers on the aquascapes ponds

Many others on this board can deffinatly guide you more than I can, but thats where Ive seen them and would place one myself.. other pond type kits assemblys I would just suspect that its hidden in the pond somewhere somehow by aquatic plants or rocks/boulders etc..
    hope this helped

4. dan deutekom

dan deutekom LawnSite Senior Member

Another option that I have used is to go to the farm supply store and use a Stock waterer refiller valve. They come in many styles. I have found one that is in a 6" x 6" x 6" black box that has mounting flanges in convenient spots and a 3/4 inch hose thread inlet. It is easy to hide and works well.