Pond Renovation Job Part II - Input Needed! (pics)

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by BSDeality, Jul 19, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

This is a continuation of this thread. The pond is done, however the existing waterfall is leaking and cannot not be repaired without a total rip out and re-do like the pond was. The homeowner (HO) wants to make it look a bit more natural and bigger/longer. I have taken some pictures and placed marker points on them for reference.

Here is the existing structure I have to work with. Under "B" is where the waterfall starts. It is actually only an 1.25" line, no resevoir or anything, just straight out of a pipe under the lateral rock below "B".

My plan is to start the waterfall (with a biofalls box like normal) behind rock "A" to the right of the large tree. There appears to be enough room between the major root flares to incorporate the box into the ground (keeping it low as possible). I will have to move rock "B" with some large pry bars and possibly a hydrualic ram. The gap between "A" + "B" is too narrow to leave it the way it is. There would be no way to hide the liner.

100_4519.jpg

2. BSDeality

Here is another angle, I would like to put the box at "F".

Seem like a good spot?

100_4520.jpg

3. BSDeality

Another angle.

100_4523.jpg

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

On order to give your customer what he wants..could you possibly make it so the water flows down like this?

5. BSDeality

final shot for now. this shows the elevation a little better.

I think its pretty clear I have to move rock "B" to fit the stream, I would like to have about a 1.5' wide opening. so "B" has to be rotated and possible dragged uphill a little. Jack hammering is last-resort as the HO is very in love with her ledge rock and the moss that grows on them. My first idea was to split the face off of "B" since there is a nice crack to work with and then drill and split the rest to take it out in pieces. This may be a last resort option.

100_4524.jpg

6. sheshovel

Yes and still put the box at F?

7. BSDeality

I really like that idea She, It might be a little narrow for my liking because to the down/right of "C" where you drew your line there is ledge rock under that mulch. I could berm it up with soil like we did in the pond, but I think it might be too narrow. I might have to make another trip over there and see.

8. BSDeality

Here is a shot of the view (although slightly blurry) as you approach the pond from the path up to it.

100_4514.jpg

9. sheshovel

Yes I see that..it should be ok just take som of thosr rocks in the middle and use them to build up your burm and let the water come on down the ledge rock.A secondary stream does not have to be the same flow on both sides.

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Any access to get a 6-8 ton ex in there?

Could easily move that rock without hurting it.