pond slopes

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by flhntr, Sep 4, 2007.

1. flhntr

flhntr LawnSite Member

im thinking of buying a fasttrak 36 will i have any problems mowing pond slopes with it

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Hustler has a forum here on LawnSite - http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

you would better to post in there to get feedback from Hustler directly since these trade show forums are not guaranteed to be monitored by representatives from these companies.

3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

do you have some pics? zero turns are not the best for slopes, however, it is the general concensus that Hustlers are among the very best among ztrs for slopes.

4. tallcoopscoach

tallcoopscoach LawnSite Member

i mow with a 60" hustler and i mow slopes. as long as you don't make any sudden turns or try to stop going down hill super fast, you'll be fine. i've been using the mower for six or seven weeks on the hills and i love it!

5. SuperTurf

SuperTurf LawnSite Member

I've done a lot of investigating on this as I also have some significant slopes I need to mow. My dealer tells me that the FasTrack is not as stable on slopes as the Mini-Z. Plus the Mini-Z should have a better bite because of those huge tires that it has.

6. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

yeah, and the mini will put about another $1500 bucks into the dealer's pocket, too.
    the tire-to-tire width of the Fasttrak is 47" on the 54" deck and it is only "44 on the mini z 52" deck. they both use 9.5" wide drive wheels. i don't think the height of the tire has anything to do with hill stability. as a matter of fact, i think the arguement could be made the a taller tire would actually decrease stability bc it would raise the center of gravity. the fasttrak is 170lbs lighter, also.
    i would compare them side-by-side bf i bit on what the dealer told you. he might be right, but by the numbers, i would give a slight edge to the fasttrak. and when i think about the incentive the dealer has to say that the mini z is superior, it makes me suspicious. as i said in my first post, hustlers have a reputation for making mowers that perform well on hills.