Pondless I did a few days ago

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by pitrack, May 9, 2011.

1. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I posted this in the pics section but figured I would throw it here too. This is my 4th waterfall I have done myself so go easy :) Homeowner is doing plants and lighting.

Here's a before:
    [​IMG]
    During:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great. Can't wait to see #5.

3. pitrack

Thank you
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice choice and layout of your boulders. Try mixing in a few even larger ones on the side going out from the falls edge to the hillside, I think you will like the results even more. Very good waterflow. All in all a very nice job.

You have a good eye, the moss and lichens are a good choice for the boulders.

5. Cam.at.Heritage

Cam.at.Heritage LawnSite Member

Well done. I see to many around that are just build way up in the air and look way to unnatural. This one is low and realistic. Love the addition of the logs.

keep em coming

6. pitrack

Thanks for the compliments. All these rocks were placed by hand, I wish the homeowners would have been willing to spend a little more so I could have thrown in some larger rock.

7. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the world of budgets on these water features. Very nice job!

8. rywnygc

rywnygc LawnSite Senior Member

looks amazing! Can you give some build specifics ie; type of pump, brand of liner, pvc or rubber hose plumbing, did you dig the shape under the liner or just build into it?

Great job, would like to see your previous builds.

9. pitrack

Thanks man. Pump is a Monsoon 10,000 gph pump. Brand of liner I am unsure I think it is Carlisle liner. I use flex freeze pipe for the pipe from the pump to the top of the waterfall. I did a little of both as far as digging, dig a little here, fold the liner back see how it looks then fold it back over and get it the right shape for the rock you're placing.

Here's the first waterfall I ever put in, at my Dad's house. Wish it had more flow.
    [​IMG]

Here's my second, there are plants in now but I don't have any recent pics.
    [​IMG]

10. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

That also looks exceptional. You have a keen eye for rock placement and size distribution.