Pondless waterfall/stream we put in last week (Link to thread)

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by pitrack, Oct 18, 2011.

1. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have spread a few more rocks laterally, but overall really looks nice.

Please tell me that you poured footings for the Flagstone bridge.

3. pitrack

What do you mean by laterally?

Yes four footings, one for each corner.

Thanks for the words.

Edit: Are you saying not just along side the stream? I agree if that's what you're saying. So it doesn't look like all the rocks are just bordering the stream but going into the berm too.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  4. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Right! Granted, rock will be concentrated along the stream edges but should also be placed in a gradually tapering amount as you move away from the stream bed into the surrounding landscape. You know, laterally.:):)

5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it a lot! How much resistance did you get when suggesting the sidewalk cut and bridge installed?

6. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Gotta love A)the imagination B) clients letting you use it. Awesome!!!!!

7. pitrack

Actually it was the clients idea! I could tell they were a little leary when we actually were going to do it but he mentioned he had always dreamed of having a stream that ran under his sidewalk, so we gave him one :)

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i love the pond, you need to work on your plant knowledge. Those 2 spruces are going to eat the pond, and eventually the house. try to think ahead 10 years don't just "leave a pretty picture" for right now, you want it to look good for the next 20 years

9. pitrack

I replied to a similar comment in the thread. That Serbian will hardly get any wider, and the homeowner wanted a Black Hills spruce even though they get large. He is going to try to keep it pruned up so it doesn't get too large and if it does get too big he mentioned that we will just have to remove it.

Thanks