Pondless waterfall vault

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by muddywater, Jun 13, 2012.

1. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Allow me to rephrase and clarify the question. With the use of a valve box, how are you able to access the pump without moving the fountain? This is easily done with a basin/reservoir or a reservoir/pump vault configuration.

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Client did not want that $500 option. Although i am sure i could get creative!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. muddywater

The way you get around that is to use a metal lid and cut it in 3 pieces. Wala!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. tadpole

Considering the dimensions of the valve box and the diameter of the fountain base, even cutting a substitute metal lid will still require that the fountain be moved to obtain easy access to the pump. I just wanted to clarify that point.

Thanks.

5. muddywater

Nope your wrong. I used a jumbo carson vb.

Client was estatic. All the work was worth it, just need to add some plant material.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. tadpole

Dimensions of jumbo Carson VB are (from their website) 15' x 21.5' x 12'D. Base of fountain is probably at least 18". Can't see how you would get enough space for access unless you relocated the fountain towards one end of the VB. This would jeopardize the stability of the fountain as part of the fountain base would overhang the VB.

7. muddywater

Base is less than 18". Closer to 12". Plenty of room. Thanks for all your "help."
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Metal and water ?

9. muddywater

I see metal grates used in water features all the time... especially on commercial water features.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tadpole

You are "welcome'!