Pondless waterfall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by scraper69, Jun 6, 2005.

1. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

I want to build a pondless waterfall in my own backyard, but have never done one. Any ideas or pics and how to go about doing one? Nothing huge..
    Maybe 4' - 5' tall

Ideas and comments welcome
    Thanks

2. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

anyone ever build a small pondless waterfall??

3. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

here is a pondless next to a front door. these things are awesome- no maintenance!

IMG_0224.JPG

4. WFMJenny

WFMJenny LawnSite Member

Actually this past Saturday we had a build a pond day at our retail location. We built a pondless waterfall and I personally fell in love with it. As much as I love full ponds I loved the pondless when it was completed.

IMG_0346.JPG

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

There are several threads on this over the past two years. Do a search for "pondless" and you'll find a wealth of info. and pictures.

6. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

wfm-
    that is a pondless that the aquascape builders came and showed people how to build?

7. WFMJenny

WFMJenny LawnSite Member

Yes Brian, Angel and a few others came and instructed our customers on how to build it.

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

That's a pretty cool water feature. But two things I see that could use some improvement.

First, the water appears muddy. Should have cleared that up before the picture was taken. A few ounces of "pond clarity" and wait 30-60 minutes and it would clear up.

Second, They should have used some other sizes of river rock. You have the really large river rock boulders that are used as the border of the waterfall and then it goes immediately down to small 1" river rock. It would have turned out even nicer if they'd have encorporated some 2-8" river rock as well.

9. WFMJenny

WFMJenny LawnSite Member

That picture was taken immediately as we started the pond for the very first time. Within an hour the water was clear. No need to use any chmicals to clear it up it just took a little time.

Also, we asked for there not to be any larger stone on the top of the gravel because we wanted to go back in and add thoose ourselves this past week. We have since incorporated mexican pebbles, rio blanca flats, canyon river flats, green mica and pink mica. I will post a picture showing that later.

10. WFMJenny

WFMJenny LawnSite Member

Here is a picture from yesterday.

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG