1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pondless waterfall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by BLC1, Aug 17, 2012.

1. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

In the next couple of weeks I plan to toy around in my back yard with a pondless waterfall. Can you guys give me some helpful pointers on what to do and not do.

2. turner_landscaping

turner_landscaping LawnSite Member

What do u wana no.. lol u gota give us something to start with size, height ,waterfall width, style ur doing etc..
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, need, at least, some general specs.

4. BLC1

from Ohio

I haven't made it too far yet. Just going to start playing around here this weekend. I may have room for something about 3 feet tall, 4-5 feet wide and front to back 4-5 feet. The area I have to work with is a semi circle of the corner of the deck if that makes sense. There is space between my deck and my patio.

5. BLC1

from Ohio

Here a couple of pictures of the area.

1345488053478.jpg

1345488042009.jpg

6. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty constrained area to work with, especially for a waterfall. Possible, but could be tricky. I would recommend possibly a bubbler of come sort. Let's see what some of the other guys have to offer.

Is that a stamped concrete patio?

What space is available under the stairs?

7. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with Tadpole, just do a rock bubbler. That space is almost to small for a waterfall, and design wise it'll look out of place.

8. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

^^Agreed with both guys. Too small for a fall, but a bubbler would be nice and still get you some sound.

9. BLC1

from Ohio

Yes, its stamped patio.

There is a little space under the steps but nothing major.

I'm open to options here. I originally left the space to put a small pond but my wife doesn't want that with the 6 month old baby. She wants to make it a sand box so I am trying to figure out a pondless option.

Do you guys have projects you have done with a bubbler like you mentioned.

10. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member