Pondsweep Products

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by SONSCAPES, Mar 5, 2005.

1. SONSCAPES

SONSCAPES LawnSite Member

have any of you guys or gals heard of pondsweep I attended a 2 day j.deere landscapes seminar and the class was put on by pondsweep. nice products just hoping to get some feedback onthe products if anyone used them thanks!

2. johndarron

johndarron LawnSite Member

When I was still contracting I used PondSweep or Savio depending on my application. PondSweep is a very good product. When using PondSweep I prefer the poly product line (PF18P) over the fiberglass product line (PF18F).

Even know as a distributor I carry the PondSweep and Savio lines for my customer base.

Darron Bryant

3. SONSCAPES

SONSCAPES LawnSite Member

thanks for the reply. is the support from pondsweep good.i met the owner at the seminar he was a super nice guy. I will be working on my 1st pond in a couple weeks.trying to get some ideas for who's products to try.In my area my 2 choices are going to be pondsweep or aquascapes.

4. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Darron... I'm curious why you prefer poly over fiberglass. The skimmer box at my place is one of the Pondsweep fiberglass models.

5. johndarron

johndarron LawnSite Member

Over time due to environmental stress UV rays, hot/cold weather. Fiberglass becomes brittle and just does not hold up over the long run. Poly is more suited for the job.

6. addinc99

addinc99 LawnSite Member

Sonscapes, I was the pondsweep rep for 6 years. The best product is the pro series skimmers, a injected molded product. Not dry formed polyethelene or fiberglass. But I wouldn't use a 2 part system at all unless you have many leaves falling into the water feature. Then a skimmer is warranted. The waterfall box is inferior only because of the media used in it. Very minimal media. The best system is a Oase Aquamax SF 3700 GPH pump with a Bitron C UV carifier light. Use a Biotech Screen-x filter box. Oase offers a lifetime clear water guarantee if these three parts are used. The pump passes 3/16" solids and is a 5 year warranted pump. The pump uses hi-tech interior parts to last a lifetime. Ie: Ceramics, titanium, closed impellers etc. the pump is a varible speed pump and can withstand varible power influxes. Power surges and brown power do not affect the armature. It passes fish solids thru the pump to the screen-x filter. The pump is on the bottom and has a screen covering the entire pump. A extra intake filter comes with the pump for 2 spots of intake. Usually one close to a edge of the pond for easy cleaning. The intake can be adjusted 50/50 , 70/30 etc. The bottom circulation is very important to completely keep a clear pond.The generates high oxegen for a healthy pond. The UV light is self cleaning and only strips the outer algae cells skin away which make these green looking cells cling together. All other beneficial cells are not effected or destroyed! The screen-x filter traps these cells once they get to a 100 micron size. All others fall to the filter pads below the screen. Then the caught ones you just flush them out of the filter. The filter also has 3 densities of easy clean pads in it which each one performs a function to generate plenty of beneficial bacteria and help reduce high amounts of ammonia. The filter also has phospholess in it which reduces phophates. These contribute to string algae. The only biological filter on the market today which attacks string algae before it attaches itself to your rocks. The european system is much different than the typical aquascapes system. But please keep this in mind, the europeans have been at it for 50 years. Oase owns that market with a 60% market share. They are the innovators of pond products!!