Poo Geyser

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes I wished I had been able to get Mike Rowe out on a site for a day, today was a "Dirty Jobs" Special.

I nailed a pressurized septic line with our 410 and made a nice stinky poo geyser until I got the pump shut off.

Rather disgusting. I repaired it and went through about 5 pairs of disposable latex gloves.

I've gotten the magic touch on this job, I've managed to nail their domestic water line, their septic, and a 12" drain.

:(

2. Now to finish with the magic touch, all you have to do is hit the gas line.

Seriously, I wish you better luck. It's like, we make sooo much money already.

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, Don't forget the electric line also. Glad I am not working with you on this job. Hey wear thick soled shoes.
    No, good luck and hope all starts to go well.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i think somebody is trying to tell you something about this job! i heard from an electrician buddy of mine that every time you get zapped your you know what grows a little bit! tried to clean that up a bit. so if ya do hit the electrical lines, just think of the benefits! :laugh:

5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I've been hit by everything from the 12V side of a Vision II to blown off a pump station by Three phase 460. If being hit makes anything grow, it ain't much, I can still wear long shorts :) :):weightlifter:

6. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Well. he may have been correct for those in the electrical trades.

But for those of us in the irrigation business it doesn't. Getting zapped with electricity and having the typical irrigator wet hands and wet feet, It causes our hands to shrink and affects our eyesight. Therefore it is a matter of perception and illusion. And all these irrigators running around with little tiny hands and coke bottle glasses.

7. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like that job has gone down the toilet Jon. :laugh:

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

9. Ahhh the grand slam is looming....

10. tylermckee

tylermckee LawnSite Member
    from wa

the other week we were running 8" ductile iron water main and we hit a live sewer service that the city failed to tell us about ( they probably didnt know where it was). Just our luck as we were fixing it they used the bathroom, a couple times, first some water and TP, then a few minutes later we got a few floaters in the trench.

Whats real fun is running new sewer main into an existing sewer manhole. Lots of fun breaking into it and channeling it