1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pool estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kemmer, Feb 11, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

I need a price for a swim club, chairs wont be a problem because they take care of them the night before, they want a spring clean up and weekly maint. and later a fall clean up.

2. kemmer

3. kemmer

anybody? bump
  4. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I would say 150.00-175.00 depending on the amount of trimming for a weekly mow price.
  5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you including blowing the parking area and picking up trash?
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I would say $850 a month, no less than that.
  7. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

doesn't look like anything to "spring clean" up to me...
  8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Do you get the snow plowing too? That would be awsome cuz thats a good sized lot. I would emagine they'd Cheap out on the plowing since their business is obviously seasonal.
  9. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

By looking at the arial pic, job looks like it would take 2 guys about 45 min. If I'm in the ball park time wise, I would charge about $85-90 a stop.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I can't say the price for sure from the pics, it's just too hard to determine the area, thou I'd say it looks to be a good acre lot, maybe more.

Only thing I would like to add is the grass would be a prime candidate for some core aeration and seeding, if that's what they mean by spring cleanup, but I also don't get what they mean by that otherwise. I'm assuming 1.3 acres here, so seeding and aeration, throw in some fertilizer and calcium, 400 dollars for the spring spruce up (I think you might can get away with that, call it a booster treatment, but explain it to them lol, not saying pull a fast one, just saying it stands a chance).

Grass cutting, 65-75 in my neck of the woods, just cut and trim. Parking lot is extra, don't know if they want that, but likely another 20-30 dollars, depending.

On the fall cleanup, I don't price leaves until they're on the ground, and I really like to price them after I'm done cleaning them... Either way, I don't give prices on fall cleanups in the spring, it feels too much like a blind bid, and I don't do those anymore. But, figure 15-18 grass-cuts via the above price (so about 1200), then add 800 to the total and that covers you for leaves, plus you might can throw in some mulch and also it will cover trimming of bushes, etc.

I'd guess 2-3 grand a year, but again I don't know for sure, hard to say...