Pool rehab

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by CaliDesigns, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Shane472

Shane472 LawnSite Member

Looks amazing. I would LOVE to have that in my backyard. Very nice work.

2. CaliDesigns

CaliDesigns LawnSite Member

zedosix, why wouldn't you try it up there? I gets just as cold here as it does there? The drains are connected and go to daylight, but I didn't do it, the landscaper did.
    This job was done for a Kiewitt guy that is a civil engineer that specializes in concrete. If done right, anything can be done in concrete! I'll take on any challenge.

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I guess the biggest problem in our area is not just frost but a heavy clay subsoil. If the drainage is not properly attended to that concrete slab will move and crack the first year. I guess I'm just afraid to have to go back in and cango the whole bloody thing apart. Brick is just safer in my opinion.

4. pghlandscape

pghlandscape LawnSite Member
    from pgh,pa.

how many different pours? is that 3 seperate finishes around pool?how many different colors? and what did you use to face the steps? it really looks great

5. CaliDesigns

We have clay here also. I pour on top of 2-4 inches of compacted recycled concrete, have #4 rebar 2' on center each way, and have proper expansion and control joints. Last year I had pool decks heave an inch and a half and no cracking.

6. CaliDesigns

8 pours, there is colored broomed, seamless stamped, and exposed aggregate. used brickform formliners for the steps. The coping has a different formliner for the face.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Guess his neighbor loves to see that big pool in his front yard:hammerhead:
    Sure is a nice job:clapping:

8. CaliDesigns

the red house is his old house, its getting torn down.

9. LBFmd

LBFmd LawnSite Member
    from MD

That looks awesome, is that all concrete?