Pool scaping Help

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING, Aug 20, 2007.

1. ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING

ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

I got a new customer that wants some lanscaping around the pool in the back of the pool theres a wood fence i was thinking about some bushes and and red mulch.......I dont like the nasty dirty brown mulch But anyone have any pics of pools and some info on bushes they would use in texas .....Id put up a pic but dont know how yet with a URL

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

just a suggestion and if the customer insist on red (which I hate red mulch and brick chips) go with a heavier mulch like the brick chips, exploded granite or stones because they won't wash/ blow into the pool as much as wood products/pine needles- though the pool's patio should be sloped away from the coping anyways just a precaution

3. ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING

I was going to bring it up flush but what do i know ??? New to all this but i did find a free landscaping software that iv been playing with have some good ideas now ........ Well if this pic uploads you can see first the pool people have to clean up there crap

pool 002.jpg

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

with that color patio DO NOT go with red muclh, that's a very nice looking pool and the "Taco Bell" red mulch is going to clash terribly with that shade of concrete. How far back you filling? I guess you can't up against the fence.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a really nice pool install, don't ruin it with red mulch. Infact, stay away from mulch near the pool, use heavy rock (not the light lava or pea gravel) Here is an idea:

pool%20002_retouched.jpg

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

whats up with the picture date stamp being so old?

7. ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING

I didnt set it .......Hell what the hell do i care what the date is.

8. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

grn mtn what software are you using to put that together? looks pretty cool what you can do with that.

9. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Good housekeeping magazine and sharp scissors.

10. varybarry

varybarry LawnSite Member

That's a nice layout, but I think that 4 bushes in the back would look a little better than just three. It seems like there is a lot of space back there with only 3 trees.