Poolscape Advice

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by creatived, Apr 29, 2007.

1. creatived

creatived LawnSite Member

:usflag: I HAVE A SMALL POOLSCAPE JOB WITH A WATERFALL TO DESIGN FOR A CUSTOMER SOUP TO NUTS I NEED ADVICE ON THE DRAWING AND DESIGN VIA HAND OR COMPUTER BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO AFTER GIVING THEM PICTURES TO MAKE SURE WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE AND ALSO ON WHAT WE CHARGE FOR A DESIGN AND INSTALLATION TRIPLE COSTS OF MATERIAL+LABOR=TOTAL ETC ANY ADVICE I HAVE THE EQUIPMENT AND WOULD LIKE TO ADD THIS ONE TO MY PORTOFOLIO WITH MINIMAL HEADACHE.

2. h2oman

h2oman LawnSite Member

My advice "DON'T", unless you kknow what you are doing. Take some pond classes and work with someone who does it for a living. We install ponds and installing a waterfall connected to a pool sounds and looks easy but believe me its not!
    Now suppose you want to go ahead and do it anyway, where is the pond located? In the open, next to a hill, on a slope? In order to build a "natural" looking waterfall you have to bring in dirt to build it off of, also if you mess up the underlayment and liner where is the dirt under it going??? You can concrete the boulders and form a slue for the water to run down but how many times do you see a waterfall made from concrete? The pool guys around here form a thing that looks like a volcano with flagstone...