poop

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, May 14, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, I know this happens alot to you folks, I have a couple of customers that have big dogs, you know where this is going.....they know the days I show up to mow, they attempt to clean up the yards, i still end up having to bag some crap when cutting...its getting to the point where I just want to attach the side discharge and hit these piles of poop.....they are older folks and i know they try to clean up....where's Poop Busters when you need them!!!!...sorry had to vent... :dizzy:

2. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

A. Martinez.... looks like you came across the ole dog $$ other known as binkie's shitz... tell mrs. smith you'll be glad to scoop them up for her.. charge anywhere from $5 (single dog, w/moderate conditions) to $8( 2-3 dogs, in an okay shape...) if its really bad, charge $12-15.... its an easy way to make quick $ while ur already there cuttin the grass....

3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they pick up what they see, its what they don't see that gets me....plus i don't want it on my stuff...shoes, mowers, etc.....I have thought of mowing around it and see what happens.....spots in the lawn 6" long.... :)

4. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same problem with only 1 account. I just mow right over it and to be honest with you I really didn't smell it for too long. It's a smaller dog though, I hope I don't get any with the bigger dogs.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Open the chute and point it at there house, car, them if there out and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

6. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I watched a guy I used to work with (who never picked it up) hit a big pile with the trimmer. He wacked it all over himself - even into his mouth.
    It was the hardest I've ever laughed in my life.

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Charge them for it. If they can't pick it up for you, and you have to deal with it, charge them a cleaning fee for cleaning your equipment.

8. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

My sister got hit twice in one day stepping in POOP. I missed it both occasions. One I pointed out to her to avoid and the other I didn't even see.

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't pick it up but i charge a clean fee of 50.00 for my trouble. Iv have one customer that gets it every week 35.0 for the cut and 50.0 for the clean fee and i use there hose

10. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

hole in one lco..... let me get this straight you charge $50 to clean your mowers and another $35 for the cut, total $85 every week just for an poop infested lawn? what size yrd are we talkin about anyways :rolleyes: