1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Poop?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slatherd, May 24, 2004.

1. Slatherd

Slatherd LawnSite Member

Just wondering how you deal with customers who leave gobs of Dog bombs in the back yard?

I assume you dont cut over it and blast it all over your shoes and mower. I suppose this question also covers kids toys and other obstructions.

2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

It's been asked and answered many times already. Hit up the search function.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I roll right over it.

My customers know I come at the same time on the same days and they know I'm not contracted to pick up their dog poop.

I don't touch it.

If it's excessive, I'll mow around it and really leave a message.

Don't have to do that more than once or twice and d it's clean the next time you come.

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

We just mow over it and ignore it. Any crap on the wheels will wear off quickly enough.

5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I will go around it if it is a chronic problem. Some times they will complain to the strata boss that I am missing patches of grass and the dog owner always catches the flack for not picking up after their dogs, always.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Slatherd,

We recently had a talk with one of our clients that now offers a dog clean up service in addition to lawn maintenance.