Pooper Scooper Service

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SellOut, Jul 5, 2005.

1. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

How many of you pick up the dog poop? Free or cost? If it's an additional charge, how much?

Seems like it's a good way of making a little extra money. payup
  2. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

hail no. we have enough lawns to keep us busy. we don't need to be picking up crap.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Dog poo to me is like a baby's diaper - it's ok so long it's your own.
    And right along those same lines: If it's yours, then you need to pick it up.... And don't expect someone else to do it for you.
  4. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes i do the doo. If it takes me 10 minutes or so it cost them 10 bucks. Make sure they are agreeable before adding the service.
  5. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

That's what I'm thinking. It wouldn't take a long time, plus it's good money. I don't know though. I agree with the other guy-- I don't really want to touch poop unless it's my kid/dog.
  6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

theres a guy around here who does it for a living. has a 04 250 and a explorer sport track. makes good money, even has signs over the highway, hes raking in the money
  7. saveonlawn

saveonlawn LawnSite Member

I started advertising to pick up animal waste at the time of thier lawn service and was charging them an additional $25.00 a month, but like the other guy said, there is to many lawns out there to worry about the extra $10.00. Now my staff does courtesy calls the day before service to make sure gates our unlocked and animal waste is picked up, otherwise that area won't be mowed and they still have to pay the regular charged rate. Hope this helps :)
  8. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

NO.......just no
  9. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

10. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8