poor and hungry

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by whtrash73, Oct 25, 2006.

1. whtrash73

whtrash73 LawnSite Member

my first year very few contracts..got fall clean-up next month.gonna do clean-ups if possible even pressure washing maybe spread a little lime.any body got some ideals for making some cash.help a poor old man with yunguns to :cry: feed!!!

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Go to the 48th and Crenshaw and ask for Jack. Save the money you would spend on the lime and buy some beans. Use the pressure washer and spray (lightly). If you water it, they WILL grow.

Is this serious? If you are, sell the cpu and buy some food. If not, you sure had me going.*trucewhiteflag*

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Take an hourly job thru Winter, go to school, get a cdl licence to fall back on, invest in your business and come up with a game plan that will put you in better shape next year, advertise heavily next Spring, etc.

4. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

https://ups.iiserve.com/upsx/searchjobs.asp

punch in your zip code and choose package handler/driver helper there is a job within 10 miles of you

you can work EARLY morning or late evening so plenty of time for LCO activities and you will get benefits even as part time which should be important as a family man....good luck

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I worked for UPS...lemme tell ya. You think Lawn Care can be tough work?? lol You aint seen nothing til you work at UPS. But there were many small business owners who worked pre-load with me...and thats because after about 6 months...they pay full benefits--100%!! Like I said...it's hard work though.

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Its all about the benefits.....and its only 3 to 5 hours a day....more than worth it and its only Monday-Friday

7. Jnamo

Jnamo LawnSite Member

You better be a man if you want to load trucks for UPS. Brutal work. Cutting lawn will be for relaxation after that!
    Jeff

8. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

My father dodged bullets in the Army for 4 years.

He worked for UPS for 18 years.

He still says to this day UPS was worse.

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i tried that ups thing unloading the planes it sucked . my paycheck was about $100 a week .

10. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Cardboard signs on off ramps work good in Atlanta, they make a killing here!