poor cranking power??

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by General Grounds, Apr 28, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

i recently replaced the cv25 on my bobcat ride on, in doing so i also changed the battery. i fully charged the battery before putting into service. the problem is when i first crank the engine it cranks very slowly and picks up and starts. i've done everything, charged the battery, cleaned and even replaced connections. the only thing i have left is possibly changing the ground. any help would be great. thanks tony:confused: :confused: :confused:
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of the new CV 25's do this on the first start of the day. Mine does it sometimes. It'll spin once or twice slowly and then spin faster. These are just tight engines and if you catch the engine on the compression stroke it takes a little to get it going. If you replaced an old, worn out, low compression engine with a new one you would notice a difference. Now if it fails to spin and start then you have a problem.
  3. bwiesner

bwiesner LawnSite Member

What size battery did you put in it? Was it a new one? You may not have enough cold cranking amps to start it. On an engine that size I would use around a 300 cold cranking amp battery or larger. You might also recheck the ground cable. Later Butch