Poor Cut Quality

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by statman, Jul 30, 2005.

1. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2004 Exmark 52 Lazer hp with about 350 hours. When I cut yards this week the cut quality wasn't up to par. I was leaving two strips of uncut grass and some stringers. The grass is finally growing again, but I'm having to double cut. I even tried running doubles, but still getting the same problems. Any ideas??? Could the sping bearings be going out?
  2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Whats the condition of the blades?
  3. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

Freshly sharpened
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes mine will leave the little stringers like that when I get clumps of grass stuck under the deck. I have noticed that this occurs more when I use the Gator blades.
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Deck pitch may be off. Check the air in the tires. Start with the rear first.
  6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the for a broken spindle.
  7. hustlerdealer

hustlerdealer LawnSite Member

try a positive rake on the deck
  8. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Some times deck belts slip and don't show any signs. May be the belt stretched or the spring.
  9. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

You may want to do a search on the eXmark forum here. I believe I saw something relating to what you are experiencing about a year ago.
  10. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

Check your idler pulley on the deck make sure it is working smoothly might want to take it off clean and grease without tension on the belt .