Poor cutting Hustler XR-7 deck????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Oct 13, 2011.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

If you have a XR-7 deck and are unhappy with the Quality Of Cut from the factory Fusion blades or other blades such as the eXmark Lazer notched foil high lifts, I have a solution.

I've been mowing with these for a week now in varying conditions.

I wanted (and still do) to try a set of VX4 Fusion blades (3" SuperZ type) that are .250" thick. Dealer didn't have these in stock. But he did have these in this picture.

They are a .203" thick, 3" wide, 20.5" long SUPER high lift notched foil blade.

They create a TON of lift and suction. They throw out clippings further than I've ever seen this deck do so. The QOC is improved tremendously, and grass is vacuumed and cut, not just limpwristed and cut like the OEM's.

Deck stays cleaner as well.

Here is a picture comparing them to what I ran the past few years (eXmark notched foil high lift fusions)

Here is bottom view with number. EXCEL 793935

And lastly a view of the super high lift.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Good god, imagine the HP and fuel it will take
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Actually RPM's are down about 100 from most other blades.

But the cut is maddening!
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is pretty intense. i would be afraid in wet conditions in thick grass it would be packing the deck more, as most decks would. each brand is dif though.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I found it keeps the deck cleaner! Lots of airflow pushing it through.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Glade to see you finially found a set to fit your machine. I loved the 3" high lifts when I was using them, night and day differance.
  7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I had Hi lift blades like your old ones and where notch was at I notice was a stress point in about cpl weeks kinda would bend This was on a 60'' mower After few sets I stop buying them went back to a rolled med lift
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The rolled lift create under deck turbulence and ball up and clump.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I could find that blade in about an 18" to fit my mower. Or any notched high lift would be better than my solid high lift I believe.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I would experiment with specific lengths, and then maybe drill out your center hole?