1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Poor Economy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I know this comes up year after year. Because of the poor economy for the last couple of years, expect to see more riding mowers on teeny trailers. I don't care, I bid what's right. When they say they're getting more bids, I tell them up front that I can't compete with someone that runs homeowner equipment, isn't insured, won't pay taxes and isn't liscensed. But I will be there when the temps get to 95 and I will be there timely and do a superior quality job. I'm like everyone else, I'm tempted to lower the price to compete. But, when the scrub goes out of business, who would I be competing with? I like to ask how many lawn companies they've used before and why. Only the best companies can compete with the best companies. I guess this thread is sort of comparing our business to the turtle and the hare. That hare is gonna run out of steam. I hope all of you guys have a good year. Tony