1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Poor Kitty Cat

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ccstrebe, Dec 12, 2008.

1. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

Took her first mud bath. I feel like she has been violated. Took 3 hr to clean her and I didn't even have time to clean the inside or check under the cab. I'll do that next week and give her a wax job too.

Mud Bath.jpg

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

You don't know what muddy is!!! :laugh:

My machines don't know what wax is.

I give you credit for taking good care of it!

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I've had a powercrap 420ct series 2 muddier than that, dont know how I did it, darn thing couldnt get out of its own way but it happened!

Wax? Really? Wow, I dont think I could like my equipment that much, I can understand a bath but not a wax job..

So, what were you doing to get it muddy?

I like how you didnt show the whole truck and trailer, you took the pic so there was no piece of that F150 in there! :laugh:

4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

I can't believe Junior didn't use the holycrap words about getting your machine so dirty,so i'll use it holycrap has it been raining down there or did you water the track down before you fixed the speed bumps???? or did you take it to a mudrun?

While your giving things a bath.You need to get a dust cover for your trailer axile hub:confused:Your getting dirt in there, then the bearing will be going out and your have more troubles.

Back tire looks like it could use a few lbs of Ron's air in it also:):usflag:

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That's not so bad, when you have a hard time figuring out the color then it's bath time.

I waxed my first 621 to shine it up, it took forever and I will not likely ever attempt that.

6. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed you took the side window guards off. I bet that is allot nicer to see out of with them screens gone.

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

a grading contractor I know waxes all his equipment, he says it really helps in way of when you clean it the grease and mud come off easier.

8. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

We do the same thing with the fourwheelers and a couple of my buddies old beater mud trucks, cover them in wd40 and mud washes right off..

9. ccstrebe

Your funny. Actually, the truck isn't even hooked up to the trailer, that's one of the things I like so much about that trailer, you can load and unload it without having to be hooked up to the truck. It's been sitting on the trailer all week waiting for me to get time to clean it. I think that's why it took so long to clean beacause that caliche mud was hard as a rock and it sticks like glue.

10. ccstrebe

Good eyes, you guys don't miss a thing.