Poor response from Hustler

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by WC46, Jul 16, 2002.

1. WC46

WC46 LawnSite Member

I recently e-mailed Hustler and requested literature and nearest dealer information for the Hustler Fastrack. They mailed me literature on a Hustler Hillsider and nothing on the Fastrack. They also told me my nearest dealer is in North Mankato, MN. Is this anyplace close to Southern Illinois? I don't think so. After reading all the positive posts about the Fastrack, I was all ready to go make the purchase. I am disappointed in the response I received.

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Post this on the Hustler forum...................You should get results.....

3. WC46

WC46 LawnSite Member

I did. They wouldn't put it on.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

You mean they're screening thier posts?! You're kidding?

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The post was not released do to me.
    You just posted it today, and I was traveling all day, to get here to Louisville.
    The posts in the mfg forums are all put into a que for a moderator to release.
    I check these first thing in the am and in the evening when I can get to a puter.
    I checked the post out and decided to handle it off the web site.
    The exact person I need to talk to this about will be with me @ dinner tonight, and I WILL get this taken care of.
    Please e-mail me some contact info: name, phone #, address.
    I will e-mail you back my cell# and we will get this matter resolved.
    hustler@twcny.rr.com

Sorry for the confusion

Pj

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Also,
    There is a deasler not to far from you.
    Our dealer locator on our website lists a dealer about 15 - 20 miles from Johnston City.
    Here is there info:

Agri-Life Products, Inc.
    Commercial Line
    9757 Pulleys Mill Road
    Goreville , IL 62939
    Phone: 618-995-2313
    Fax: 618-995-9888
    E-mail: agrilife@midamer.net

7. WC46

WC46 LawnSite Member

PJ. Sorry if I came on a little strong. I guess I got frustrated. Thanks for your reply. I will e-mail you the info. Thanks

8. Doc Pete

For what it's worth, Hustler doesn't have it's act together yet for the consumer market. I've beat my head in trying offer help. They make a great machine, and at the moment are a bit prouder of the machine, than they are of selling it. One of their biggest problems is if every other LCO has an exmark or Scag, AND has a dealer within 15 minutes of them, why bother to switch. However, if Hustler gets their dealer network together, AND gets the dealer to show them how much better Hustlers are, THEN, you may see the market share change.
    Look at it this way.... Why would a dealer bother to waste a lot of time convincing the customer the plusses of the Hustler, when he can sit on his butt and have LCO's and Scrubs come in with "green in their hands" and say " Gimmie that Scag or exmark".
    Sadly, the bottom line is the consumer "himself" is the problem. Most of them are uneducated as to mower technology, and just continue to buy what the masses do. I know two guy's that still can't speak english yet, BUT have those "Yellow mowers" that everyone else has...........

PETE

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Sorry Pete but I'll disagree a little. Hustler offers a top of the line website and has a telephone that works. I have seen several people post "I can't find a dealer", if the time was taken to look at the dealer locator they would find that the dealer was close by. A simple phone call would do the trick also.

10. Doc Pete

Yes, I talk to John Austin at least once a week. I agree their phone works. However, they seem to be listening to the wrong people for information. Yes, their Z is keeping them afloat, but their WB, which "without argument" is the best WB made, and which I will glady put my money where my mouth is, needs a few refinements to make it really sellable. And, for some reason they are sitting on their butt, instead of changing it.
    Furthermore, as I suggest, it is our own fault that Hustler isn't doing a bit better, because rather than take the time to test new equipement, all we want to know is, Scag, exmark, Bobcat and Wright.
    Case in point, 10 ten guy's all have Carpal tunnel problems, and do any of them ask about the Hustler, of which I mention will end their problems.... NO........ I rest my case........
    Pete