Poor results with Lesco products...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by allstar, Apr 3, 2005.

1. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Before I got into the landscaping business I always used Scott's fertilizers,mainly Turfbuilder Plus 2,and got very good results.I was especially impressed with how well it eliminated existing weeds.Almost immediately after applying it most weeds would start wilting and then turn black and disappear shortly thereafter.So many people,though,mentioned Lesco that I went down there and got a bunch of their fertilizer.Several weeks ago I started using Dimension .21% Plus,0-0-7,which is exactly what they recommended.
    It just doesn't get rid of weeds...none.What should I do?Thanks.

2. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Dimension is a Pre-emergent....doesn't kill broadleafs....don't take this the wrong way but do you know what your laying down.... ;)

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Apples and oranges-broadleaf control and pre m is 2 different things

4. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Your'e scaring me (us) Allstar....

5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Really?
    I thought sure that a pre-emergent control product would control post emergent weeds? :rolleyes:

6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Take this pointed hat and go sit in the corner.

7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

dimenssion is a pre-emgnt, however it is labled for the 1st, or 2nd tillering stage of crabgrass, but it's to early for crabgrass now anyway.. but on a positive note, if you did just put it down, you would at least have r1 done. might want some N to with it though.

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

OK i was going to do the "are you licensed thing" because you posted this in the Pesticide forum. I believe you are a Dentist and not a landscaper..am I right?

Well go with that and assume your are treating you own lawn. No Dimension will not kill broadleaf weeds. It is used for pre-emergent control of crabgrass. Lesco does sell a granular weed-n-feed, I believe though I could not find it on the website, you can use on your next round and it does well. I believe lebanon also makes one as well.

9. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

Pre- and -post.... that should tell you the difference.

10. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Only way to get rid of established weeds quick is spray em. I use
    Three way ester this time of the year and switch to momentum in May.