Poor zspray agitation

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Apr 10, 2014.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

With all 3 levers open and psi reading 40 I'm getting poor circulation in the tanks.

I can increase the agitation by turning the throttle valve down but unable to maintain 40 psi.

It's great for mixing as I fill but worried about while spraying. Is this normal? I've never noticed it before. Any fix?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Spraytek

Spraytek LawnSite Member

Have you checked your filters? If everything is clean, you either have to go with smaller tips or upgrade the pump to the 7gpm Fatboy.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I think you should be OK while spraying if you agitate well before beginning.

4. Spraytek

Spraytek LawnSite Member

Another thing to consider is that every time you shut the boom off (when making turns), your pump will be recirculating at around 4gpm. Riggle is probably right, but I'm a big fan of too much agitation rather than not enough.

5. Zspray

Zspray Sponsor
    from indiana

Just FYI, at 40 psi you are bypassing very little. To get the full 4gpm for agitation, open the throttle valve which will decrease your pressure. Take your pressure down to as low as it will go with the boom valves closed. This will give you full agitation for mixing product.

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I didn't realize this till you guys told me this some time ago. So now between spraying I do this.

I also went to the 5gpm (not for this reason) pump and wonder if that helped?

7. grassmasterswilson

from nc

Had the machine for 5 years and just now noticed it while trying to solve the issue. Thanks for the help.

8. GW Andy

GW Andy LawnSite Member

Put these hypro 3371 jet agitators ( not the long skinny ones) in the inside of the bulk head of your tanks and you will have a lot of agitation in your tanks, all the time, even when spraying. We just use the regular pumps that LT rich puts on the Z's. they just screw right in. http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=472

9. GW Andy

GW Andy LawnSite Member

That's the Hypro #3371-0000. You can also get them from Minnesota Wanner Co. We used the middle sized disk that comes with it.

10. grassmasterswilson

from nc

I bought 2 of those and then Realized the pain of getting them installed on the 25 gallon tanks.