Poorly stocked trucks=headache

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, May 19, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

MY GOD..I'm glad today is over....First of my turn-on list is about 40 miles away...Things always go wrong when your far away from the shop.. My first turn-on yields a quick-fix drip problem(no reducer/filter), the emitters were Pouring out water...No biggie...I fixed and told the homeowner to keep an eye on the situation, and it will need to be corrected this season..

THEN, My worst nightmare...I'm swapping Controllers...The Weathermatic had sh!t the bed , and I was replacing it with an old Vision 2...After the New (used) clock is hung and wired, Zone 1 fires up no problem.....I'm Pumped....1 hr worth of work for a serious amount of $$ to the company...I Go to Zone # 2 on the Vision and nothing happens...I assume there was a bad solenoid in the field.But low and behold my boss has a truck with a horrible electric box...Just a tester and a few wire nuts...NOTHING else @ all...Believe me I was FURIOUS!!!!!!

At this point in time I had spent to much time and had other apt's to make..

THANK GOD today is over....Not having the proper tools/material in the field is like PISSING INTO THE WIND, IT ALL COMES BACK IN THE END..

Sorry about the blog.Alas I figured some of you might know what boat I was in today...

RotAr

2. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not a sprinkler guy, but I can feel your passion, lol

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I am (or was) a sprinkler guy...spring is our freaky time..everybody is at
    the top of the "list"....people come out of the woodwork! "Look at every site,
    take 1%, they'll be clients for life". Our kids (shudder ROTAR) will be able
    to take over the site & keep this cool gig going!:waving:

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

wait....so you are my dad??

5. Mike Leary

Ah ROTAR.....the lawyers said they sent the "Drip Irrigation Manual" &
    the free subscription to "Lawn Site". That, with the Lawn Genie design book,
    should do it. You're mother (Janis) hopes you've found a way to afford
    "Southern Comfort", mom sure sucked it up!

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

I haven't recived a page of this "manual" or any subscription of any lawnsite...

I think i got the short end of this 300..

7. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I'm still stuck on using a USED vision or vision II. I KNOW I'm not ready for the idea that there might be lil' rotard's running around or that Mike might accidentally stepped in it deep enough to have to take rotard to raise.

8. Mike Leary

Mom always worried that you'd get into irrigation....rather than rock rock.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

the customer wanted a "USED" controler to cut cost... we are charging 185 for a 6 Z vision II...with install....

i have reusing old stuff......im going to protest it in the future..

10. Mike Leary

Once you cross the line...that's why I tried to keep my crews honest.....
    once you start c.s. stuff...down you go...bottom feeder.